Your privacy and your rights are important to us. This Privacy Statement has been updated in line with Royal Decree 6/2022 Promulgating the Personal Data Protection Law and explains what information we collect about you and how we use it. By ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ we mean Travelex & Co LLC and its subsidiaries, address: Office No.504, CBD, Ruwi, Muscat, Oman.
Our stores, this website: www.travelex.com.om (the "Website") and our customer services telephone line are operated by Travelex & Co LLC (“Travelex” or "us" or "our") on behalf of itself and its holding companies and subsidiaries (together, the "Travelex group"), recognizes the importance of safeguarding the personal information of its customers.
Travelex collects, stores, processes and discloses (collectively "uses") your personal information in a manner consistent with the Royal Decree 6/2022 Personal Data Protection Law (“PDPL”). The following Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which any personal information will be processed by us and reflects Travelex's commitment to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and to provide its customers with the best possible service.
When is Personal Information Collected?
You may be asked by staff at one of our Travelex stores, prompted at various points on our Website or asked by one of our customer services advisers to provide us with your personal information. Accordingly, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide by filling in forms;
- Details of any transactions you carry out in-store at one of our stores and of the fulfilment of your order(s);
- Information you provide when entering Travelex prize draws or competitions;
- Information collected from optional surveys that use for research purposes;
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access; and
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
Use and Retention of Personal Information
We only use personal information for the purpose(s) for which we tell you that it has been collected, and for other legitimate purposes as permitted by applicable data protection and other relevant laws, and retain it only as long as necessary for those uses. If you provide information when ordering travel money or other goods or services from Travelex, you agree that we may use the personal information for the purposes of:
- Ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/mobile device;
- Completing your requested currency order;
- Where we have your consent, we will keep you informed by email or text message of similar products and services to those you have bought.
- Providing you with email alerts which you have registered for;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Notifying you about changes to our service.
We use your information for the following purposes:
To provide a requested service or carry out a contract with you
- collecting payment, processing and fulfilling your order and otherwise providing you with the information and Travelex Services you request from us;
- when we partner with other organisations to provide a particular Travelex Service (these partners will be identified to you at the time of the provision of the relevant Travelex Service e.g. when you visit the partner website or Money Exchange.
- providing you with service messages, including messages notifying you about changes to Travelex Services or changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- enforcing any contract entered into between you and us for the provision of Travelex Services.
Where we have your consent
- contacting you (including by email or SMS) with marketing messages according to your marketing preferences.
- contacting you via email with short surveys, according to your survey preferences;
- when you are using a mobile device (such as mobile phone, tablet or wearable device), we may use your precise geo-location to provide you with location-based services and provide you with targeted advertisements. You can control your geo-location settings within the app settings or your mobile device settings;
- enabling us and third-party websites to display relevant and targeted advertisements, based on previous behaviour, purchases, or any other relevant information;
- sending you an e-receipt if you confirm you would like one;
- where you have consented, collecting your marketing preferences and sharing these with a Travelex Partner.
Where we have a legal obligation
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations (including fraud prevention, anti-money laundering and sanction screening). This includes checking the information you provide to us against information from our PEP & Sanction Screening software.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected through our Sites is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We do this by applying appropriate technical and organisational measures that meet all of the standards of our regulatory obligations, including regular review measures.
We have a number of security measures in place to protect your information you provide to us through our Sites against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction.
However, when transmitting information over the internet, please bear in mind that no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Therefore, while we endeavour to protect your information, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transfer over the internet to us.
As part of using our Sites, you may be asked to set-up a user name and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password and are responsible for all activities that are carried out when logged using your name and password. You are responsible for ensuring the security of the passwords that you set.
. Where Travelex is required to make paper copies of your personal information, such information is either:
- Stored in a secure locked storage facility and when required, archived in the same manner; or
- Scanned onto our secure electronic systems (with the original paper copies shredded and destroyed) and, when required, archived in a safe and secure manner.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Travelex group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. Travelex will not share personal information with third parties outside of the Travelex group for marketing purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
- If Travelex or substantially all of its assets or Travelex’s holding company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- In accordance with the obligations bestowed on us by our third party product issuers so that they may process your order and, unless you have indicated that you would not like us to do so, keep you informed of similar products or services to those which you have bought (please note that these third party product issuers have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the handling of personal information by such third parties in accordance with such policies); and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to enforce our conditions of sale (including the Online Terms and Conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travelex, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where you have provided consent to receive Travelex marketing, we will share your contact details with our communication partners in order to provide you with the requested Travelex marketing information.
In providing the Travelex Services to you we sometimes transfer your personal information outside of Oman. Where this occurs, we ensure that all personal information is treated with the same security measures regardless of location, and in accordance with our standards, policies, regulatory and legal obligations.
By law, you have several rights (subject to certain conditions) when it comes to your information. These are set out below. You can obtain further information or exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the contact details referred to in at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Statement.
The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Statement). This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law. You can do this by writing to us using the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
The right to request correction. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors
in information that we hold by writing to us using the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
The right to data portability. You are entitled to request that we provide your personal information in a machine-readable format.
The right to erasure. You have a conditional right to request the deletion or removal of your information that we hold by writing to us using the contact details in Section 14.
The right to restrict processing. You have rights to ‘block’ or supress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in the future.
The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your visits to the Website and your computer (including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report such information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We collect such information by using a "cookie" file. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. They help us improve the Website and make it possible for Travelex to identify some of your preferences. On revisiting the Website, Travelex's computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
Any changes we make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please do check our Privacy Statement from time to time to take notice of any changes made. By providing us with your personal information, using the Website and/or any service offered via the Website, in-store at one of our bureaux or over the phone, or by placing orders after we have changed the terms of our Privacy Statement, you will be deemed to have accepted these changes.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in February 2023
Removal from Travelex Marketing Communications
You have the right at any time to unsubscribe from receiving Travelex marketing information. While this may mean that you will not receive product or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify that you want to be removed from the Travelex marketing email database. You will also be provided with an unsubscribe link in any marketing communications we may send you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to our local Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com or Travelex & Co LLC, Office No.504, CBD, Ruwi, Muscat, Oman.